Stran 5 od 10 PrvaPrva 123456789 ... ZadnjiZadnji
Rezultati 41 do 50 od 95

Tema: Hunting in Slovenia

Član od
    Jun 2008
    Prispevki

Privzeto

Gday Dolgin

To answer your question on how we say congratulations, we mostly just say Well Done.
    What does blagor mean ?
    How have you guys been going lately, have you shot any deer?.
    Cheers Hound Hunter.

Član od
    Jun 2008
    Prispevki

Thumbs up First Deer

Here are a few photos from yesterday's hunt, the dogs worked well and we ended up getting a young doe.
    The lucky hunter is Manny (His first deer).
    It was a long carry out about 1.5 km.

Cheers Hound Hunter.

Član od
    Jun 2008
    Prispevki

Privzeto Monday's Hunt

Here are a few photo's from the hunt we had on Monday, we ended up with a doe but a couple of the guys missed a good stag and i also missed a spiker .
    Check out the magazine in the photo's.

Član od
    Jun 2008
    Prispevki

Privzeto Taxidermy

Here are a few photos of Leon's Sambar Stag back from the Taxidermist.

ZR7 Guest

Privzeto

Citat Hound Hunter je objavil: Pokaži objave
    What does blagor mean ?
    It's hard to translate well. English - Slovene dictionary says "wellfare" for blagor, so together, it would mean "Hunter's Wellfare". But in our language it sounds like some kind of congratulations.

ZR7 Guest

Privzeto

It's interesting to see animals and dogs from other countries, in that case from other continent. Can you shortly explain some major things about sambar?
    What kind of dogs did you use in that hunt and how did you use them?
    Last edited by ZR7; 16. November 2008 at 18:42.

Privzeto

For Me it is also specially to see Lovec Magazine next to you! I wonder where did you get that? Do you get it in Australia?

Hound Hunter it is alway nice too se picters and huntings reports from you!

Regards!
    Boljše izpasti nor, kot pa iz aviona!

Član od
    Jun 2008
    Prispevki

Privzeto Sambar

Thank's for the explanation ZR7 as i have never heard that word in Slovenian.
    What make's the Sambar deer so hard to hunt is their unpredictibility. Unlike most other deer species they do not all cast (loose) their antler's at the same time. Also they do not breed at the same time, they can have fawn's at any time of the year. Sambar also can have a very large home range (area). In all our hunt's we only use Bloodhound's and Beagle's to hunt Sambar deer as our hunting law's alllow. The way we use the hounds to hunt is to try and find fresh deer track's to start them on as the hound's are trained to voice (bark) on Scent (smell).If we can not find fresh print's i will let them out and walk them around the bush (forest) in areas where i know deer like to be and most times they find their own. Then it is just a matter of staying well ahead of the hunt and try to get a shot at the deer.
    Where in Slovenia is PIG VALLEY or is that a secret?.

Gday Ganges No they do not sell the Lovec magazine in Australia, my father who is pictured holding the magazine has a cousin in Logatec who has organized to have it sent to him every month. It is a very good magazine, Very good photo's only wish i could read the language better.
    I have noticed that not many of you guy's have your trophie's mounted, but rather have skull mount's. Are there not many people in Slovenia that do this job. (Taxidermist's) ?.

Here are a couple of photo's of a stag Harry shot while out stalking yesterday morning, his brother Arthur is pictured holding the stag. I should have gone with them .

Član od
    Dec 2007
    Prispevki

Privzeto

Hey!

Your father has a cousin in Logatec? Really? That's the neighbour hounting area, so it's just a few kilometers from where I am! if you ever come to our beautifull country You are more then welcome!
    "Ni ga junaka ki ne lula kadar kaka!"

Ko v zarji večerni žarijo gore,
    ga krogla zahrbtna zadene v srce,
    iskal je ljubezen, prevaran je bil,
    na jasi rože s krvjo je zalil....

Privzeto

I have noticed that not many of you guy's have your trophie's mounted, but rather have skull mount's. Are there not many people in Slovenia that do this job. (Taxidermist's) ?.
    Hello!
    There are enough of Taxidermists in Slovenia,but it is all a matter of $$$ (one cost oround 150-200€),a matter of space (women dont like graveyards in our homes-thats what I hear every time) and a matter of tradition! Do you give every trophy to taxidermist? What are the costs? If so,you must have a giant "hunters room"!
    Greetings
    Kdor misli,da je dober človek, ker hodi v cerkev je tako kot bi stal sredi garaže in si predstavljal da je avto!

Stran 5 od 10 PrvaPrva 123456789 ... ZadnjiZadnji

Pravila objavljanja

• Ti ne moreš objavljati novih tem
  • Ti ne moreš objaviti odgovora
  • Ti ne moreš objavljati priponk
  • Ti ne moreš urejati svojih objav
  •