Stran 2 od 3 PrvaPrva 123 ZadnjiZadnji
Rezultati 11 do 20 od 24

Tema: Hunting in Mongolia.

Privzeto

HH which caliber's were used? Yust from curiosity..

Privzeto

mislim da je omenju Whaeterby 338 al nekaj takega.
    Ni vsak sovražnik, ki te v drek porine in ni vsak prijatl, ki te z dreka vleče.

Član od
    Jun 2008
    Prispevki

Privzeto

Citat jvpv je objavil: Pokaži objave
    HH which caliber's were used? Yust from curiosity..
    Citat luka je objavil: Pokaži objave
    mislim da je omenju Whaeterby 338 al nekaj takega.
    No Luka, unfortunately after having so much trouble obtaining all the necessary export permits and import permits for my .340 Weatherby Magnum the guy we hunted with in Mongolia wasn't able to organize the necessary import permits for us at his end due to a change of law there early this year,
    but he did organize a choice of a few other rifles for us.
    I shot my Ibex with a 7mm Remington magnum, Dom shot his with a .223 Rem and Leon also shot his Ibex with the 7mm Mag. I'll post some photos of Leon's Ibex when my Internet connection starts to run a little better.
    We also hunted Black Tail Gazelle which Dom and I shot with a Russian AK and also used another rifle in 7,39mm.

Cheers Hound Hunter.

Privzeto

Citat Hound Hunter je objavil: Pokaži objave
    ...Dom shot his with a .223 Rem...

Cheers Hound Hunter.

Privzeto

I shot my Ibex with a 7mm Remington magnum, Dom shot his with a .223 Rem...
    Isn't 223 rem little bit weak for ibex?

Član od
    Jun 2008
    Prispevki

Privzeto

Citat Prskač je objavil: Pokaži objave
    Isn't 223 rem little bit weak for ibex?
    I guess you are right, but he didn't have a choice at the time as i was carrying the 7mm Rem and Leon had the 7,39 and we were hunting high on the opposite side of the mountain.
    But sometimes it doesn't take a big calibre to get the job done and he hit the Ibex high in the shoulder breaking the spine with the bullet exiting out the opposite shoulder dropping the animal on the spot.

Član od
    Jun 2008
    Prispevki

Privzeto Leon's Ibex.

Here are some photos of Leon's Ibex that he shot after many days of glassing and hunting many different mountain systems.
    I spotted a great Ibex that morning at a range of about 3km but unfortunately he was too smart and cunning to allow Leon to get within range of him , but Dom did get some video of him and in time I'll upload some video and post the link.

Well Done Leon for a great stalk/hunt and the Ibex you shot will be a great memory for the rest of your life.!

Član od
    May 2008
    Prispevki

Privzeto

Lovski blagor HH!

I also have some questions about this hunt in Mongolia. What time of the year were you there and at what altitude were you hunting? I would also like to ask how many animals have you saw before shooting the big ibex, or was this big animal the first one you saw?

Best regards, to down under. ;)
    Podnebne spremembe so tukaj. Stvar naše morale je ali bomo ukrepali.

Član od
    Jun 2008
    Prispevki

Privzeto

Lovska hvala De Tomasa.!
    The altitude we hunted in varied from about 2400m to 3960m and the mountain range where i shot my Ibex was 2825m at the highest point.
    We hunted there in late February to early March.
    We didn't see many large male Ibex, the first morning of our hunt we spotted about 9 Ibex, mainly females with 1 young male in the mountain range behind our camp. Later that day we traveled to another small mountain range about 30km from camp and spotted 2 good looking trophy animals from a range of about 4km, these Mongolian have great eyesight :icon_smile: and even after they adjusted the spotting scope onto the animals it took us a while to pick out the animals from the landscape.!
    We then drove closer to this mountain and made a climb up to the top where we spotted a further 4 Ibex but unfortunately only females and 1 young male, with no sign of the 2 big males we spotted earlier.
    We then split up with Leon and i walking one ridge and Domonic and Nyamma walking another trying to find the males.
    Later in the day as Leon and i walked back down off the mountain we caught up with a couple of the Mongolians who explained to us using sign language that Domonic had shot an Ibex. It turned out that as Nyamma and Domonic were descending the mountain back to the car they spotted a male Ibex looking down at them from a cliff and as Domonic lined up for a shot it disappeared with another larger male taking it's place immediately, Dom fired the .223 and the rest is history.
    I shot my Ibex the next day on a mountain range a further 160km south towards the Chinese border where we spotted about 13 animals in total during the day made up of females and young. I shot my Ibex as we were walking out of a small valley and spotted him running over a small ridge out of sight. I ran down this valley and then back up a small hill to try to get another look at him and spotted him again on a high face heading towards a ridge and had to fire quickly and being completely out of breath and the animal changing direction as a fired i missed my first shot, he changed direction again this time heading up hill onto another ridge line. My rifle jammed as i tried to reload and had to feed another cartridge into the breech by hand and just managed to get off another shot as the animal stepped over the ridge, thankfully the shot was good and i ended up finding the animal not too far down the other side.
    I have to say that both Domonic and I were very lucky with our hunts as both Ibex score up in the top 3 in the world ( SCI points) for Gobi Ibex !, in Domonics words we were both kissed on the .... by a fairy.

A few photos from the top 3590m.

Cheers Hound Hunter

Član od
    Jun 2008
    Prispevki

Privzeto Black Tail Gazelle.

A few photos of our Black Tail Gazelle and one terrorist.

Cheers Hound Hunter

Stran 2 od 3 PrvaPrva 123 ZadnjiZadnji

Pravila objavljanja

• Ti ne moreš objavljati novih tem
  • Ti ne moreš objaviti odgovora
  • Ti ne moreš objavljati priponk
  • Ti ne moreš urejati svojih objav
  •