Stran 1 od 3 123 ZadnjiZadnji
Rezultati 1 do 10 od 24

Tema: Hunting in Mongolia.

Član od
    Jun 2008
    Prispevki

Thumbs up Hunting in Mongolia.

Gday Forum Lov members, i have just got back from a hunting trip to the Gobi Desert in Mongolia and have asked the Admin to open a new thread so that i can share some of my stories and photos with you guys.
    All members are more than welcome to ask me any questions they like about Mongolia and the hunting opportunity's Mongolia has to offer.

Cheers Hound Hunter.

Član od
    Jun 2008
    Prispevki

Privzeto My Gobi Ibex.

Here are a few photos of the Gobi Ibex i was fortunate enough to take on the second day of hunting.

Član od
    Jun 2008
    Prispevki

Privzeto The Carry Out.

Here are a few more photos of me carrying my Ibex down the mountain.

ZR7 Guest

Privzeto

You carryed it by yourself. It's not a rabbit!
    Nice trophy.
    Can you tell us more about hunting?
    Maybe you can write a whole story and send it to me. I would like to publish it in english as newspaper article in our Forum-Lov pages.
    If you agree of course.

Član od
    Dec 2007
    Prispevki

Privzeto

Great animal! And you sure seem to be full of stamina, carying it so easily in thin air of those heights :icon_smile:

BR

Član od
    Jun 2008
    Prispevki

Privzeto

Citat ZR7 je objavil: Pokaži objave
    You carryed it by yourself. It's not a rabbit!
    Nice trophy.
    Can you tell us more about hunting?
    Maybe you can write a whole story and send it to me. I would like to publish it in english as newspaper article in our Forum-Lov pages.
    If you agree of course.
    Thanks ZR7,
    yeah definitely not a rabbit, i estimated it's weight to be around 50-55kg and i did need some help getting it up onto my shoulders. The guys that were with me when i fired the shot thought that i missed and headed off in a different direction looking for a live animal and must have walked within 5-10 meters of him.
    I was 100% sure of the shot as the animal was trotting away sky-lined on the ridge line, so i stayed up high and walked to another high ridge and had a quick look into another valley before starting to glass with my binoculars back into the gully's below the ridge line where the Ibex was last seen and i spotted his horns laying in a gully not more than 40 metres from where he was when i fired the shot.
    It took me another 20 minutes to walk to another ridge before i spotted the guys waiting in 1 of the cars down in the valley below and managed to signal one of the Mongolians who was looking up at the mountains through a spotting scope by holding my rifle up above my head and trying making shapes with hand signals like Ibex horns. :icon_:
    It wasn't long before the guys started jumping out of the car back out into the freezing cold and started hugging each other as they realized that i had found my Ibex. It was about another 35 minutes before the guys were able to climb back up to where i was waiting for them to give me a hand to get the Ibex up onto my shoulders.
    I have some video footage as i took the shot and also as i carried the Ibex back down the mountain that i will upload to YouTube when i have some more time.

ZR7, no problem about the article, I'll do my best to write a story about the hunt in Mongolia although it might take me a little time.
    I have many more photos of Mongolia and the other game animals we shot while there, that i will post on the forum in the coming weeks.

ZR7 Guest

Privzeto

Citat Hound Hunter je objavil: Pokaži objave

ZR7, no problem about the article, I'll do my best to write a story about the hunt in Mongolia although it might take me a little time.
    I have many more photos of Mongolia and the other game animals we shot while there, that i will post on the forum in the coming weeks.
    :icon_:Thanks! :icon_:

Član od
    Jun 2008
    Prispevki

Privzeto

Citat Grizzly Adams je objavil: Pokaži objave
    Great animal! And you sure seem to be full of stamina, carrying it so easily in thin air of those heights :icon_smile:

BR
    Hey Grizzly Adams, Thanks.!
    I'm not sure about the stamina but you sure are correct about the thin air and bloody cold too.
    I have never experienced anything like it here in Australia, i would have to say it was one of the hardest hunts i have ever been on and though my lungs would burst on many of the climbs up the mountains.
    It's definitely not a hunt for anyone without a reasonable level of fitness.

Privzeto

Lovski blagor! Nice ibex. Hope you didn't have to carry him too far....

Član od
    Jun 2008
    Prispevki

Privzeto

Citat jvpv je objavil: Pokaži objave
    Lovski blagor! Nice ibex. Hope you didn't have to carry him too far....
    Lovska hvala jvpv.!
    No luckily for me it wasn't too far, only about 50 metres up hill before we spotted the guys driving up a small gully below us then another 300 or so back down hill.

Here are a few photos of the Ibex Domonic shot on the first days hunt.

Stran 1 od 3 123 ZadnjiZadnji

Pravila objavljanja

• Ti ne moreš objavljati novih tem
  • Ti ne moreš objaviti odgovora
  • Ti ne moreš objavljati priponk
  • Ti ne moreš urejati svojih objav
  •